Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Cain Olympic Update...

Ok, I have some awesome pictures, but sadly I can't download them until we get our computer fixed! Yesterday we had a fun day educating the children on what the Olympics are all about. I have always loved the Olympics. I love the idea that for a brief 2 week period, everyone can come together, put aside their differences, and enjoy being part of humanity. So I went to the local party store, found some gold and silver medals, a crepe paper torch, some head decor, and hand sized american flags. We carried the Olympic torch through the neighborhood, getting a couple of waves from neighbors. Then we had a relay race which Ben won, a brick throwing competition which Abby won, and a stare down which- believe it or not- Ben won! Daddy presented medals and we made our way inside to order chinese delivery and watch the openning ceremony. (If you didn't get to see it......shame on you! It was AMAZING!) Ben ate his weight- which if you don't know- is a HUGE feat in and of itself! It was a great day to be a mommy and daddy. Although, most days are.................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's awesome, Marla. Wish I could've seen the Cain Olympics... sounds like a blast! :)

The Cains said...

Oh don't you worry, I'll post pics soon!