Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Battle of the 'Birds


Since my last post, the word has gone forth and EVERY hummingbird in central Alabama has graced our feeders! One day, feeling adventurous, I decided to refill the feeders and see if the birds would come near me. (This blossomed from last year's experience of me trying to rehang a feeder, all the while being pecked in the head by a very obviously STARVING hummingbird!) I hid behind th iron-work on my front porch with a feeder in my hand. In about 20 minutes, after being smelled and brushed by tiny wings, they began feeding from my hand! Then one little Precious landed in my hair! It was very beautiful and very exhilarating.


I only wish someone had taken a picture......

No comments: