Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ode to a Tree



Wednesday Ben and I heard a noise out front so we went to the porch to investigate. Imagine our surprise when we saw a truck from the city- come to fell our lovely Elm. She was a beautiful tree, but we had watched her slow decline as a loved one with a fatal illness. Finally, this year, Elm produced no real leaves and our hearts were broken, for we knew she was gone.
Ben watched with snack in hand while I snapped off a few pictures of Elm. And before the big truck comes to haul her away, I inscribed her with the highest honor of all treedom.....
And now, a haiku.....
She was beautiful
A Belle in her day
Nearly a century old
Bird sanctuary
You never truly appreciate trees until you live somewhere there aren't any.

No comments: