Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Just Us Girls!

This past Saturday me and two of my favorite and my best (that's a little "Charlie and Lola" for ya) girlfriends hit the road and headed toward Ft Payne, Alabama- home of Orbix Hot Glass. Our mission? To hand blow our very own Christmas ornaments! The drive alone was beautiful, but their gallery was uh-mazing! Please check out that link up there...you won't regret it!
This was their bathroom sink, for Pete's sake! I mean, that alone should give you a clue to the talent and creativity of the people there! Did I mention uh-mazing?

So this was my blob of dripping hot glass in the oven.....

then I commenced blowing while Cal Breed manipulated my blob into a stunning ornament!

And these are my girls! And by the way, my precious hubby won the "Least Interfering Husband of the Day" Award! Yeee Hooo! Oh I had the greatest time...and look forward to our next adventure.......underwater basket weaving! ;o)





2 comments:

Beth said...

That's awesome!! Be sure to post a picture of the finished product!!! I can't wait to try my hand at it!! Maybe Bruce can teach me all his secrets.

Tomi said...

"blob"? Is that the technical term?? Lol