Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Friday, February 5, 2010

There's no place like home!!!

Oh to be home!  There is truly no place like it.  My bed is more comfortable, the fireplace is brighter, the tea tastier....everything is just BETTER when you return home from a trip.  Don't you agree?  Two weeks is just too long to be away.  I used to love to travel and be away from home but I'm finding the older I get, I actually just want MORE time at, you guessed it! Home!

The trip was good and I have LOTS of shots/footage to share, but it will take some wading through first.  Highlights?  How about some manatees?  Dolphins?  A precious Princess?  Even a pod of migrating whales!!!  For a nature lover, it just doesn't get much better than the east coast of Florida.  Abby and I set the goal of seeing a roseate spoonbill in its natural habitat before we left OUR natural habitat- and we saw 4 of them!

On the craft side of life, have any of you ever heard of Alabama (Natalie) Chanin?  A friend of mine has recently aquainted me with her work and I am an instant fan.  Hand stitching.  Everything she does is hand stitched.  Kind of slow "sewing", if you will.  Well I'll let you in on a little secret if you will promise to keep your fingers crossed for me..........I applied for a scholarship to join her (and a few other folks) one weekend in May for a personal workshop! Oh I hope I get it!

So what are you talented folks making for Valentine's Day?  I need some serious inspiration!  I sure have missed you and can't wait to hear from you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you mentioned Alabama Chanin in your blog! I have had her website marked for 3 weeks because there is a book I am thinking about ordering. How funny!! Great minds!! Loves ya! Mom

Jayne said...

I can't wait to read about your trip!! Mabelle asked about Disney Land a lot in the last six months and I look sooo forward to the day that we can all go.
We are planning on doing some fun Valentines stuff but I am at a loss as to what exactly...
Glad you are home. I missed your blogs. I love being home too.
Love you,
~Jayne