Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fairies and Racecars!!

The two hardly seem to go together, do they?  Well we had two very notable events here at Cainberly last weekend- both worthy of blog representation!

First, Friday and Saturday marked a huge event in Ben's life..... his first Pinewood Derby.  Now I love that I have an "I can do all things handy- and have the tools to do them at my disposal" kind of hubby- but it was Ben's job to design and build his car.  Ben made a drawing of the shape he wanted his car and all Andy did was cut it out.  After Ben sanded, I helped him spray-paint the car by pushing his thumb down harder on the can. (Mommies have super thumbs, don't ya know?!)  Then he burnished some rub-ons where he wanted them with minimal help from Nonny.  The finished product........



That's right!  A trophy!  For best design!  He was THRILLED! (And Momma was just a little, too!)  So proud of his first car!  Now onto next year's design!

So....incredible thing #2-

Abby turned 10 on Sunday!  Can you believe it?  Where does the time go?  Seems like just yesterday.....


she was a tee tiny, peddled around everywhere- seeing the world from knee-high.  And now she's this...

A beautiful delight to my heart.  She's soft and sensitive, and opinionated, and bold, and innocent.  And I love her with all my heart.  We celebrated her all week long- and still could have celebrated more!

Now for the "icing on the cake"- pun intended, of course!  For Abby's first-ever-double-digit birthday, her Aunt Beth made her the most spectacular of all gifts....
 
Is that not the most awesome fairy house you have ever seen?  I was so impressed with my sweet sister!  What a labor of love!  Abby was totally THRILLED and loves it so very much!  After many exclamations of "You should totally SELL those!"- I'm hoping she will, because this thing is magical!  Now shipping it- THAT might be a doozy!  ;O)

No comments: