Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Friday, April 27, 2012

One year ago our world came crashing down....

ok, so maybe it was just our oak tree.......



But still, it felt like the world...and often it still does.  Nothing has been right since that tree fell.  Don't get me wrong, it was a blessing in many ways (New a/c that we needed desperately, new roof, a closet!), but there are still issues.....and it's a year later and I'm mentally exhausted.

I'm grateful for dear friends who came to our aid when we needed them most.  I'm grateful for homeowner's insurance.  I'm grateful for my Lord who hears my daily prayers for my children to be "happy, healthy, and safe".  I'm grateful for a well made house that is nearing a hundred years old.  And I'm grateful to new friends who didn't know us from Adam and showed up to sift through my wet, nasty, broken stuff to see what we could save.

So much to be grateful for.....

2 comments:

Gretta said...

Wow, I cannot imagine finding an oak tree in your home! So thankful your family was unharmed through it all and that your home was still standing. I blogged about our experience 1 year ago today as well: http://grettajohns.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

And I'm grateful that it was just the house, even though I know how traumatic that has been. I am so thankful that you all were not hurt. The rest is just "stuff" and, while it is mentally and physically exhausting to deal with it both then and long afterward, it is nothing compared to precious lives. I love y'all!!