This website is so chocked full of homeschooling goodness tghat there is no way I could possibly cover it all in this one review....you'll just HAVE to go take a look around schoolhouseteachers.com for yourself! What I can do is share with you my favorite highlights!
#1) THE PLANNERS!!!! (Found under "SchoolhouseExtras") Oh my gracious- they are chocked full of everything you could possibly need to organize your school AND home! The Schoolhouse Planner (Also known as "Big Mama"!) is my favorite. It includes helpful articles, interactive calendars, planning pages, field trip logs, transcripts, handy school lists, and household forms like grocery shopping lists, chore charts, and meal planning helps. There are also planners specific to your students like the Special Learner, Primary, Intermediate, and High School planners.
#2) HOME EC!(Found under "SchoolhouseTeachers") Homemaking911 is hosted by Malia Russell. With differing themes, I think my favorite thing about this section is that it breaks down into Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced levels- proving you don't HAVE to be in High School to take Home Ec! Over the summer the theme has been getting your home in order. August covers meal planning and grocery shopping.
#3) FIGURES IN HISTORY! (Found under "SchoolhouseTeachers") For elementary students, this section is devoted to a notable figure from history. With weekly hands-on activities, Cathy Diez-Luckie hits it out of the park as far as I'm concerned! This month- Betsy Ross!
#4) DAILIES!!!!! (Found under "SchoolhouseDailies" imagine that...) Here all of the work is done for you! Daily lessons in grammar, math, writing, and MUCH more! There are also hands on lessons for various unit activities. Need a grammar lesson? Head over, print off the day's lesson, and VOILA! I was just stressing this morning that I haven't found a grammar lesson for the kids to go with a writing program they will be doing at their co-op....problem solved!
#5) SCHOOLHOUSE LIBRARY!!! This is just what it's name indicates- a library. With lots of great resources, some of my favorites are the copybooks, reading lists, teacher lesson archives, and the art/craft shelves.
Whew! So can you see why I would hAVE A HARD TIME COVERING everything? This is just a smackeral! I didn't even mention the Old Schoolhouse Magazine subscription that comes with membership....or the Schoolhouse Expo....or even all of the other wonderful teachers contributing to the site!
Membership is $! for the first month and then is $5.95 every month thereafter. Membership includes:
1. Members-only access to lesson materials in these subject areas: Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Geography, History, Home Economics, Literature, Math, Music, Reading, Writing . . . and so much more!2. The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine delivered straight to your inbox, monthly.
3. All The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine digital back issues—easily searchable, a fantastic feature that enables you to go directly to articles of interest.
4. The Homeschool Minute™ weekly E-Newsletter.
5. Download all five Schoolhouse Planners—the Parent version (hundreds of pages), all Student planners (3 versions) and the Special Needs planner.
6. 12 E-books from the Schoolhouse Store—one per month during the first year of membership.
7. All available TOS Expo-To-Go recorded sessions—including all future recordings, for the duration of membership.
8. After 12 months of uninterrupted membership, you will receive a $25 gift certificate to the “Totally TOS” section of the Schoolhouse Store.
Go check it out and let me know what you think! And, if you'd like to see what the Review Crew thought.....
Disclaimer: I was given a free membership to schoolhouseteachers.com in exchange for an honest and objective review.