Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Ahhhh..........

 
 
So did you notice that I've been enjoying a much needed break since my last review? Between moving Momma to Vermont and Operation Christmas Child National Collection week.....I have been one worn out pup! 
 
I schooled through the summer off and on so that we could take a break after Thanksgiving.  Reviews were coming to an end for the holidays- co-op work load was changing to our literary unit- I was planning to be exhausted from OCC- so I planned to take a break.  Oh don't get me wrong, we're still working on times tables and reading A LOT...A TON....... but we also crafting, enjoying late mornings, and reading a lot! ;o)
 
So, I'm enjoying that lovely fireplace a la Yahoo since we were told never to use our fireplace again.  (I'm tellin ya, that's been the biggest loss I've suffered in a log time....and we gave up cable this year!)  And this is the frame of mind I am trying to stay in through Christmas!
 
I do have to say that I have taken on a new project.  My fabulously devoted and awesome kids' ministry director has started a children's library at church and has asked me help with it.  In all honesty, I think I may have missed my calling.........Librarian.  Definitely should have been a librarian!  It is the most wonderful thing ever to recommend books and sort books and smell books............
 
So, no need to worry about lil ol me!  I'm drinking lots of cider and tea and reading lots of great books (The Enchanted Places by Christopher Milne, The Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick, and A Mouse Called Wolf by Dick King-Smith) and occassionally getting out from under my electric throw and kids and kitties.
 
It's the most wonderful time of the year.......

3 comments:

Julianna Lawson said...

Ah . . . the librarian! I worked for our church office for several years starting in high school, and tending to the library was one of my responsibilities. Of course I loved it :). I think that's where I discovered George MacDonald!

Elisha Press said...

Hi - Please feel free to unpublish this comment; it was the only way I could find to contact you. I would like to email you some information about a book review opportunity. This is a children's novel particularly suitable for homeschoolers, and you would get a complimentary softcover copy. Please email me if you would like the details: jason [at] elishapress [dot] com.

The Freemans said...

Stopping by from the crew to say hi and follow!