Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

blast from the past: The Daily Essentials- Mr Incredible on the State of the World

From July-ish of 2005 to June-ish of 2006 I wrote daily devotionals that I sent out to my church body (and anyone else interested).  Those little tidbits were called the "Daily Essentials"....and I loved every minute of writing them.  I recently came across my file of Daily Essentials, and I thought I would share a few of them with you.  There's about 150 of them....I'll keep the sharing to a minimum for your sake! ;o)

 July 28, 2005
 
I have almost completely memorized every line to "The Incredibles". I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying this to demonstrate how much we have watched the movie. Sad, I know. But I must say, after much reflection, I have to admit that Mr Incredible's State of the World is fairly acurate.
"No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back into jeopardy again. I mean, sometimes I just want it to stay safe, ya know!...for a little bit. I feel like the maid, 'I just cleaned up this mess! Could you keep it clean ,FOR LIKE TEN MINUTES?!' Please!"
How safe and secure it is to know that every time we mess up, God is right there to save us! He doesn't give up on us. He doesn't lose patience with us. He graciously and mercifully saves us every time! Could you blame Him for thinking, "I just cleaned up this mess! Could you keep it clean, for like ten minutes?!" Instead, He washes us clean and brings a new morning full of new mercies each day so we can start over. Such loving care He gives His children.
Psalm 103:8-14
The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will He harbor His anger forever; He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him; for He knows how we are formed, He remembers that we are dust.
 

No comments: