Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy National Pound Cake Day!

Mmmmmm...... I love pound cake.  Well, if I were to be honest, I'd have to say that I love ALL cakes!  And I love making them too.  There is something so therapeutic about baking something that makes your whole house smell divine!  So, let's all use today as an excuse and celebrate this glorious holiday and bake a pound cake for dessert....or breakfast...or a mid-afternoon snack!

Here's the best pound cake recipe EVER- passed down to me by my mother who got it from a family friend and matriarch of Bluefield, WV- Mrs Sue Starling:

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

3 sticks butter
3c sugar
6 eggs
3c all-purpose flour
1tsp vanilla
8oz cream cheese

Cream butter and cream cheese together with sugar.  Add eggs and flour alternately- starting with and ending with flour.  Bake at 325 for 1 hour 25 minutes.  DO NOT OPEN OVEN UNTIL TIMER GOES OFF!

No comments: