Its been a while since a post. I cringe when I look at the dates, but making a new life is tough work! Here are some top, and transparent, thoughts after 6 weeks in:
1) No matter what we're led to believe in the South, New Yorkers are super nice people.
2) Making new friends is tough no matter if you're 12, 14, 42, or 48!
3) New York drivers are WAY better than Alabama drivers.....especially in snow.
4) Snow. I could spend all day on this. It's cold, wet, and requires a lot of physical labor. It's also serene, beautiful, and makes even an undecorated home cozy and inviting.
5) IT IS SO LOVELY HERE! So much natural beauty! Waterfalls, lakes, mountains- gorgeous!
6) They mean it when they say they want six points of identification AND your social security card to get a driver's license. This is non-negotiable.
7) Home is my new favorite place. Have I mentioned that I've named him? Next post!😉
8) Public school lunch is a huge rip-off and if I knew how to protest I would! 2 pieces of Dominoes pizza for $6???!!! No 12 year old boy gets enough from one slice! I digress.
9) I adore my husband. This move has reminded me of that a thousand different times.❤️
10) I had the most amazing church and church family EVER. I will never be able, in word or deed, to express the amount of gratitude and love I have and will ALWAYS have for them.
I was going to limit myself to 10 thoughts, but I have this one last that I MUST share...
11) I would never have made it through the last 9 months alone. Texts, calls, drop ins, gift cards, meals, coffees......💕
My New Stitching Addiction!
7 hours ago