Reviews

I've got the kettle on, ya got a minute to visit?

I'm so happy you dropped by! Stay and visit awhile.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

TOS Review: See the Light Art Curriculum

My kids LOVE art.  I know what you're thinking.......

"All kids LOVE art class, Marla!"  And you're right- but my kids REALLY love art.

We just had the opportunity to review See the Light video-based art curriculum.  I loved this review because I actually sat down and participated with the kids!  We chose their project DVD inspired by Louis Comfort Tiffany entitled "Tiffany Window".

Pat Knepley was the instructor and I just thought she was fabulous!  Not only did she share history of Tiffany style glass, but also of Mr. Tiffany himself!  The video was broken down into 4 segments which included:

1. Plan Your Composition

Sketch flower, leaves, stems (21 minutes)

2. Rule of Thirds

Complete sketch (24 minutes)

3. Color Theory

Marker Techniques on flower, stem and background shapes (29 minutes)

4. Complete Masterpiece

The stained glass window effect (28 minutes)

 

As you can see, the lessons were brief, but thorough, and geared toward children aged 5-18.  They kept my children's interest and I would definitely say that they imparted a great amount of technique and knowledge.  Here are samples of our work through various stages:

 
So here's what I think was the greatest part of the art lesson......when Pat took out her bible and proceeded to pull it all together using scripture!  Art AND a bible lesson!  Fabulous!  If you'd like to check out some free samples, try their freeviews on their website.  They have a plethora of projects and classes on DVD at $14.99 a piece. (Sets are available at $99.99 and so are many other resources.)  I had all of the supplies on-hand.
 
If teaching art intimidates you, I would definitely recommend See the Light's products.  Check out the Crew's reviews on the many other resources.
 
Click to read Crew Reviews
 
 

No comments: